Manage complex projects with clients, contractors and vendors from estimating to final completion. Cultivate a positive customer service environment while maximizing profits for ABI.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate leadership consistent with ABI’s vision and values.
- Review contract documents/drawings and coordinate detailing efforts to ensure that we supply products and services in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Provide total contract management of each project assigned, including coordination of the detailing, scheduling, delivery and costs of products and services utilizing the company business system, industry standards and other company resources.
- Oversee efforts to ensure that ABI fulfills contractual obligations on the assigned project(s).
- Coordinate project requirements with the contractor’s representative.
- Schedule the detailing and delivery of required products and services.
- Review changes to the project to determine their scope, ensure the accuracy of same, and then process the appropriate documentation in accordance with the company’s change order procedures.
- Assist in the change order process culminating in the acceptance of the change order by the client.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to appropriate staff, workers, and clients.
- Represent the company in project meetings as needed.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Operations Manager.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
- Ability to handle a variety of projects simultaneously and manage time/meet deadlines
- Effective leadership skills; ability to coordinate own and others’ actions
- Experience in the construction industry with strong mathematical skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills necessary
- Experience in customer relations and resolving problems or disputes
- Possess critical thinking skills and have the ability to use all applicable tools
- Effective skills in communication, motivation, personnel evaluation and customer service
- A basic knowledge of contract law, standard business practices and human relations
- Occasional travel/ job site visits will be required
- Protective equipment such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, hard hats, etc. must be worn when on the worksite
- Work schedule may include hours beyond the normal business day
- Typical office activities
- Walking, sitting, standing, bending
- Using hands to operate objects, tools, computers and other electronic equipment
- Lifting/handling computers and related equipment
- Vision abilities including close vision and adjusting focus
- Moderate noise level