- Undertaking technical and feasibility studies including site investigations
- Using a range of computer packages for developing detailed designs
- Undertaking complex and repetitive calculations
- Liaising with clients and a variety of professionals including architects and subcontractors
- Compiling job specs and supervising tendering procedures
- Resolving design and development problems
- Managing budgets and project resources
- Scheduling material and equipment purchases and deliveries
- Making sure the project complies with legal requirements
- Assessing the sustainability and environmental impact of projects
- Ensuring projects run smoothly and structures are completed within budget and on time
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate engineering discipline and five (5) years of directly related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residency or other status as a U.S. Person required.
- Must be proficient using MS Office suite, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience in establishing and overseeing maintenance or capital projects is preferred.
- Professional Engineering Registration.
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) and/or Energy Management experience.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
The work environment may require a combination of indoor and outdoor activity (hot, cold, wet, humid conditions) with a varied amount of walking, standing, sitting, climbing (i.e. ladders, stair, scaffolding, ramps), balance (maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces), bending, reaching, handling/fingering (seizing, holding, grasping, turning picking, pinching), stooping, kneeling, crouching and ability to lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, employees may work around variable noise levels. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. May also be required to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer. Ability to distinguish colors may also be necessary. Some employees may be required to drive between various locations within the Company facility or between locations. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.